MASTER TRANSIT PLAN
CITY OF AMARILLO
Fixed route networks require thoughtful modification to evolve along with the communities that they serve. The City of Amarillo identified the need for a fixed route system review in late 2016 and contracted with TGC to design a new fixed route system that would service quality and attract more riders. As part of this study, TGC completed the following:
• Completed a comprehensive technical analysis of the fixed-route system including boarding and alighting study, on-time performance study, and route analysis.
• Designed a new fixed route network to improve directness of travel and connectivity to major destinations. Prepared draft schedules.
• Prepared draft schedules and budgets. Estimated the cost of operations for multiple service levels, based on frequency of service.
• Completed an assessment of capital investments for the new fixed route network, including bus stop spacing, corridor condition, and passenger amenities.
• Led a robust community engagement campaign. TGC conducted face-to-face interviews with riders, conducted open houses and small stakeholder focus groups, and surveyed riders and the general public using on-line and direct mail.
• Completed a Management System Review to identify and make recommendations addressing management, procedural, and FTA ADA compliance strengths and weaknesses.
Fixed Route Design
Operations and Capital Budgeting Compliance and Procurement Assistance
August 2016 - August 2017
Name: Kevin Starbuck
Title: Assistant City Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (806) 378-3077