MIDTOWN MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
The Goodman Corporation (TGC) serves as the Midtown Management District’s Program Oversight, Planning, and Funding Consultant. This continuing partnership began in 2001. MMD, working in collaboration with the Midtown TIRZ and Midtown Redevelopment Authority, has maximized this relationship with TGC to plan, fund, and implement over $16M in public infrastructure improvements. TGC’s direct involvement includes:
- Planning, grant application, and award of $2.3M in funding for back of curb reconstruction of Elgin from Bagby to Hamilton. This project included the construction of new sidewalks, ADA-compliant ramps, pavers, street trees, and transit shelters, and was protected under an FTA-approved Letter of No Prejudice, which allowed Midtown to construct improvements in advance of a federal funding award. TGC also completed environmental clearance documentation for this project.
- Pre-engineering, preparation of grant application and award of $5.5M in Surface Transportation Program funding for construction of Caroline from Pierce Elevated to Holman. This funding is being administered through a partnership with TxDOT and H-GAC. TGC continues to provide intergovernmental assistance and design review services for this project.
- Planning, grant application, and award of $3M in funding for back of curb reconstruction of Gray and Holman Streets. TGC was instrumental in coordination activities between FTA, the City of Houston, H-GAC, and Midtown to allow for the use of these funds, originally intended for another corridor, to be applied toward this project, which was advertised for construction bids in August 2015 and completed in March 2017.
- Planning, pursuit of funds, and award of $3M in funding for the reconstruction of sidewalks, ADA ramps, and other functional landscaping adjacent to the METRO Light Rail on Main Street.- The planning, pursuit of funds, and award of over $3M for the reconstruction of the Wheeler and Brazos Corridors.
- The completion of several Pedestrian-Transit Master Plans and Pre-Engineering Reports for priority mobility corridors within the District boundaries.
Pursuit of Funding
2001 - present
Name: Matt Thibodeaux
Title: Executive Director
Phone: (713) 526-7577