NEAR NORTHWEST MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
The Goodman Corporation (TGC) assisted in performing an existing conditions inventory of mobility corridors, reviewed other planning efforts, and conducted environmental and benefits-cost analysis on 15 projects. TGC developed the District’s first Capital Improvement Program, which was approved by the Board of Directors.
• Prepared materials and narrative for the W. Little York Pedestrian-Transit Enhancements & White Oak Bayou Trail Connector TIP Application.
• Secured $1.6M in federal discretionary funding to be used towards the Near Northwest Management District capital program.
• Prepared materials and narrative for the Texas Parks & Wildlife Trails Grant in relation to the White Oak Bayou Trail Connector.
• Secured $25,000 through the H-GAC Downtown Public Spaces Grant for the construction and installation of two (2) Gateway Markers.
• Created the District’s first Capital Improvement Program to assist in short and long range project implementation.
• Facilitated the District’s establishment as a FTA grantee.
• Provide on-going planning solutions for District-wide mobility priorities.
• Current projects include the evaluation of bicycle and pedestrian improvements along Antoine Drive and the identification of bicycle and pedestrian access improvements for improved connectivity to Alabonson Park.
Master Plan Development Demand Environmental Analysis
Existing Conditions Inventory
Pursuit of Funding and Intergovernmental Coordination
April 2014 - April 2015
Name: Wayne Norden
Title: President, Near Northwest
Phone: (713) 895-8021