WESTCHASE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT – WESTHEIMER AND WALNUT BEND PEDESTRIAN AND ROADWAY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS CATEGORICAL EXCLUSIONS
LOCKWOOD, ANDREWS, & NEWMAN
TGC investigated the following potential environmental impact areas for the two projects:
• Water resources and water quality, including identification of waters of the United States;
• Air quality;
• Plant communities, including roadside trees;
• Wildlife and wildlife habitat;
• Endangered species and their habitat;
• Social and economic conditions and environmental justice;
• Access to community services;
• Induced development and indirect environmental consequences;
• Cultural resources related to adjacent properties;
• Potential hazardous contamination in the right-of-way;
• Construction impacts; and
• Cumulative impacts.
Findings were then incorporated into TxDOT Biological Evaluations, Community Impact Assessment Technical Reports, Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessments, and Project Coordination Requests for Historical Studies in order to obtain NEPA clearance for both projects.
Data collection, field work, mapping, photography, and agency coordination to obtain approval from TxDOT on Categorical Exclusions for the Westheimer and Walnut Bend corridor sidewalk and roadway improvement projects. TxDOT Biological Evaluations, Community Impact Assessment Technical Reports, Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessments, and Project Coordination Requests for Historical Studies were completed for both.
May 2016 - May 2017
Name: Ricky Gonzalez
Title: Senior Project Coordinator
Phone: (713) 266-6900